Monday, October 19, 2009

South Shore Stitchers Quilt Guild Show

Susan, Lynn and I all worked at the South Shore Stitchers Quilt Guild Show this past weekend in Tuckahoe, NJ. The weather was awful, but yet we had a wonderful time. The quilts were fabulous! Each vendor got to pick their favorite and give a quilt a prize. We selected a lovely appliqued and hand-quilted quilt from Blackbird Designs, "Birds of a Feather" book. It was so well done. Betty Lou C. won a prize for her "In Full Bloom" quilt also from Blackbird Designs. Susan quilted this particular quilt and it looked amazing hanging in the show.

We found all the quilters to be so friendly and nice. They made for a lovely 3 days for us. Pam, who loves Jo Morton fabrics, turned me on to the Temecula Quilt Shop that was featured in Quilt Sampler Magazine. That shop had also caught my eye when I read the magazine. Pam called and talked to the women out there, and she purchased a cute book on miniature quilts. I am really thinking of starting a miniature quilt group. Not those eeny weeny tiny ones, but ones with small pieces, but are do-able by me. I have been wanting to do Jo Morton quilts and Bonnie Blues, but the thought of making 45 blocks of the same thing just isn't working with my "QADD" (Quilter's attention deficit disorder- you know, after I've done 4 blocks I'm tired of them and want to move on!). I think I could actually complete a small quilt with less blocks and still feel a sense of accomplishment. I love the colors of the civil war quilts, so I think this may give me a way to make those quilts, get them done, and enjoy. Besides, I don't know about you, but I can't hang any more quilts in my home! Little quilts can be placed or draped over a table, I can put a candle on top. So maybe this is the way to go for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment